Monday 21 March 2011

The 30 Day Song Challenge

Yeah... So it's been quite a while since I've written anything on here. No excuses, may as well make the first post of the year a big one!

I only saw for the first time on Facebook today the existence of something called the 30 Day Song Challenge. Now given that I only saw this today, and people are already on Day 8, I don't really want to clog up people's news feeds like I did with Twitter (I've learned from that mistake, let's move on.) So instead of just doing 8 posts in a row, I'll just put up all 30 days now! So if you get to the end, thank you for your patience, you'll be rewarded with a great insight into how my mind works, in a musical sense, at least. Here we go!

DAY 1 - YOUR FAVOURITE SONG


Now this tends to change all the time, but for the last few weeks it's been this:





DAY 2 - YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE SONG


Seriously, ever since the abomination that is Glee came into being, I despise this song...




DAY 3 - A SONG THAT MAKES YOU HAPPY


Wake Up. There was no other choice.



Featuring David Bowie - DOUBLE HAPPY!





DAY 4 - A SONG THAT MAKES YOU SAD





DAY 5 - A SONG THAT REMINDS YOU OF SOMEONE
DAY 6 - A SONG THAT REMINDS YOU OF SOMEWHERE
DAY 7 - A SONG THAT REMINDS YOU OF A CERTAIN EVENT


Kirst, Hyde Park, Pearl Jam, June 25th, 2010. For lack of a better word, awesome...

(Not sure about the video quality, Flash had crashed on Google Chrome by this point)




DAY 8 - A SONG THAT YOU KNOW ALL THE WORDS TO





DAY 9 - A SONG YOU CAN DANCE TO


For honesty's sake, I'm leaving this one empty. I can in no way dance to anything.

DAY 10 - A SONG THAT MAKES YOU FALL ASLEEP


I didn't mean to, but I fell asleep to this the other day, if that counts:




DAY 11 - A SONG FROM YOUR FAVOURITE BAND


Like my favourite song, my favourite band changes all the time, but now I'm very much enjoying these chaps. I actually can't find a fault with these guys.






DAY 12 - A SONG FROM A BAND YOU HATE


Boybands are automatically discounted, because they aren't actually bands. However, this unfortunately is a band, and I have the misfortune of actively seeking them out online...




DAY 13 - A SONG THAT IS A GUILTY PLEASURE
DAY 14 - A SONG THAT NO-ONE WOULD EXPECT YOU TO LOVE


Can't say I've listened to this one in a while, but it's a good 'un. VERY ashamed of enjoying this.





DAY 15 - A SONG THAT DESCRIBES YOU


Go back to Day 1. (Kidding.)

DAY 16 - A SONG YOU USED TO LOVE BUT NOW HATE





DAY 17 - A SONG THAT YOU HEAR OFTEN ON THE RADIO


I'm leaving this one blank, because I haven't listened to the radio since the Download announcement on Radio 1, and I'm trying to forget that disappointment.

DAY 18 - A SONG THAT YOU WISH YOU HEARD ON THE RADIO


This, just for shits and giggles.




DAY 19 - A SONG FROM YOUR FAVOURITE ALBUM





DAY 20 - A SONG THAT YOU LISTEN TO WHEN YOU'RE ANGRY







DAY 21 - A SONG THAT YOU LISTEN TO WHEN YOU'RE HAPPY







DAY 22 - A SONG THAT YOU LISTEN TO WHEN YOU'RE SAD







DAY 23 - A SONG THAT YOU WANT TO PLAY AT YOUR WEDDING
DAY 24 - A SONG THAT YOU WANT TO PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL


Yes, it's incredibly odd having the same song for two very different occasions, but I just love this song.






DAY 25 - A SONG THAT MAKES YOU LAUGH







DAY 26 - A SONG THAT YOU CAN PLAY ON AN INSTRUMENT


...which I'm leaving out.

DAY 27 - A SONG THAT YOU WISH YOU COULD PLAY




DAY 28 - A SONG THAT MAKES YOU FEEL GUILTY


Because I almost did this once.







DAY 29 - A SONG FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD







DAY 30 - YOUR FAVOURITE SONG AT THIS TIME LAST YEAR







So aye, that's it...


Darren out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment