Monday 11 October 2010

What is Love, Where is Happiness, What is Life, Where is Peace?

Recently, I stated that Thom Yorke was a better singer than Jeff Buckley. I might have got caught up in my Radiohead obsession at the time maybe just a bit too much. Here's the proof: a top-notch quality recording of Jeff Buckley's very own Eternal Life.



And as much as I love Thom Yorke (and I do,) I realised that I was talking poop when I said he was better than Buckley. Because I hadn't listened to Grace in over a year, I had lost touch with just how amazing the guy was. Now I'm not downplaying Yorke's achievements in the slightest, Radiohead are one of my favourite bands, but on the strength of his voice, Jeff wins by far.

And here's a live version of Eternal Life, totally different from the album version, heavier sounding, and a bit punky, but just as good judged on its own merits.



Also, I implore all of you to watch Pan's Labyrinth. I had heard before that it was fantastic, but Christ, it's a wonderful film. So well shot (it won the Oscar for best cinematography), and the actors are genuinely brilliant. It's what you'd expect from a del Toro film, really.

With the release of FIFA 11, I've been glued to the PS3 all week, the game's sublime. Sure, it's not all that different from 10, but the little differences add up. I'd suggest you buy it, ASAP. (And ignore PES, it's probably just as crap as last year's.)

And here's the bargain of the century: 29 episodes on 8 discs for £15. The show? Season 1 of Star Trek: The Original Series. Now it's not as good as the Next Generation, I'll say that now, but it's a great place to start watching properly instead of the odd episode on Virgin 1, oh, sorry, I forgot they changed it to Channel One. Fucking stupid idea.

Darren out, saying when can I find the strength to bring me release?

No comments:

Post a Comment