Sunday 24 January 2010

"Let's Dance" To The Best Song Of The 80s



See what I did there? On the title?

So there it is. David Bowie's 1982 classic, Let's Dance, is the best song of the 1980s. According to me, at least, which isn't exactly the definitive opinion, but it's mine, so that's all that matters to me anyway.

It's got a fantastic bassline, Bowie's lyrics are very well-written and it's one of the catchiest songs I've ever heard.

Now, by saying this is my favourite song of the 80s, it means I'm not taking it lightly. Remember I'm a diehard fan of The Smiths and Metallica, two awesome 80s bands (of course Metallica are still going, a Smiths reunion would be rather fantastic...)

Also watched The Boat That Rocked this afternoon, possibly one of the best soundtracks ever, if only for All Day And All Of The Night. And isn't Philip Seymour Hoffman just awesome?

Darren out, saying the only time I feel alright is by your side...

----------------
Now playing: The Kinks – All Day And All Of The Night
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment