Saturday 6 February 2010

Who's Up For Some Fresh Cream?

Sorry guys for the massive delay in posting, but I've been struck down with the most horrible cold I've ever had, I'm still kinda suffering from it...

I have yet another new musical discovery, and it's Cream, the 60's supergroup featuring the awesome (and Scottish) Jack Bruce, Ginger Baker - an epic drummer - and Eric Clapton, who's probably the best known, even if he is a bit of a bastard for stealing George Harrison's wife...

I Feel Free, Sunshine of Your Love, Strange Brew and White Room are my favourites, so get listening!

I also watched Take Me Out tonight, possibly the funniest thing I've seen, although for the worst possible reasons. One slag in particular actually makes you feel sorry for her, having only seen her turn a guy down once in about 10 separate occasions. Reeks of desperation, she does. There's also a set of inbred twins (come to think of it, most of the people on it, including Paddy McGuinness, are dumb as fuck), the 50ft. woman from Monsters Vs Aliens, a woman who keeps saying "body" as "BODEHH," and a slag called Shakira who actually made an answer rhyme - deliberately, I might add - and still got a date. Once the show finished, I shouted "SLEEEEEEG!" just to make me feel better about the fact that I'm not like them.

On to happier news again, and my script's coming along rather nicely, got a few more pages finished today. Since I had the day off work today (well, I phoned in sick after having half an hour's sleep and spending an hour with my face in the toilet bowl - a wonderful image, I know, but I want you all to share my puky nightmare with me. Sorry.

So yeah, it's 60s and 70s rock for me at the minute, with Cream, David Bowie, Joy Division, The Doors, The Beatles, Ted Nugent's song Stranglehold, and basically the entire soundtrack of Almost Famous is what's rocking my musical boat this minute in time. I've decided AF is definitely my favourite film. It fits all the Hunter's Excellence Criteria:

Awesome Soundtrack - Classic 70s Rock.
Great Cast - Billy Crudup and Jason Lee - epic!
Great script - Won Cameron Crowe an Oscar...

Bloody good film.

Darren out, saying don't you wonder sometimes 'bout sound and vision?

----------------
Now playing: Cream - I Feel Free
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment