Tuesday 31 August 2010

Look! It's That Guy! From That Thing!



This, ladies and gents, is Clancy Brown. He has been in many films and TV shows, a few of which you are very likely to have seen, yet he's probably one of those faces whom you'd struggle to put a name to. I shall help you do this.

Here he is as Byron Hadley in The Shawshank Redemption. If you don't know him from this, you are a horrible human being.



Here, he has a big beard, from being stuck in a hatch for ages, as Kelvin Inman in Lost.



Thinking he looks like the guy who killed Sean Connery and tried to decapitate the Frenchman with the worst Scottish accent ever in Highlander? Yep, that was Clancy Brown too, as the Kurgan. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!



Hi-lariously, he's also in Starship Troopers, as, according to Wikipedia, the "brutal Career Sergeant Zim." Shame the film was so mind-numbingly shite. Awesomely mind-numbingly shite, mind you.





No, this isn't a mistake. He actually does provide the voice for Mr. Krabs in Spongebob Squarepants.



I couldn't help myself, sorry...

Now back to Clancy. I hear he was on this amazing show called Carnivale, but I can't find boxsets/episodes online anywhere. If anyone comes across something, can you drop me a comment? Ta. When I found out he was Mr Krabs, I had to YouTube it up, I couldn't believe it. But there we are, it's 100% truth!

In other, more game-related news, I'm finally doing rather well in the Scott Pilgrim tie-in game. It really is just awesome, the best tie-in game I've ever played, and it's only eight quid. I paid forty for the Lost game a couple of years ago. I've listened to IGN ever since. When it comes to the SP game, think of an even more epic Streets of Rage and you're getting very close. I hear SoR is actually up on the App Store, so those with iPods, Pads or Phones, buy that shit up!

Also, look at this. This is why 90s wrestling was so fantasticly shite.


Robocop in WCW Capital combat 1990
Uploaded by marshal99. - Discover the latest sports and extreme videos.

Good thing Robocop was always the hero in the films, etc, because if he was the villain, you could just walk a wee bit faster than him and you're free and clear! He's got scanning stuff in his eyes, you say? Lead vests! Might slow you down a bit, but you'd be protected. Wait, that's from nuclear experiments. Might not help against thermal vision, you'd still see hands, head and feet. LEAD BODY SUIT! There we are. Just run for your life and you'll be fine.

I need to stop torturing myself with these hypothetical situations, it seriously stresses me out coming up with answers. Be glad you don't have my stupidly awesome imagination.

And finally, let this be shown to every fucking idiot far-right Tea Party bastard in America. Keith Olbermann, I salute you.



Darren out, saying I'll take out your junk, and I'll crush it down...

2 comments:

  1. 90s wrestling was the pinnacle of the entire industry with the Monday Night Wars, the emergence of the likes of Stone Cold and The Rock, and the rise of ECW and the Attitude era which pushed the creative boundaries of the "sport".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but WCW was a bit lame. Who's this anyway?

    ReplyDelete