Wednesday 8 September 2010

And The World We See, Belongs To You And Me...



Y'all must watch This Is England '86. I'm not just saying that because I'm a massive Shane Meadows fan, but because the episode was extremely well written, the cast is all back, even Combo (admittedly only for 5 minutes at the start,) but it's a welcome return to the TIE story, and hopefully the other three parts are just as good. Shane Meadows is only directing two, with another guy (whose name slips my mind,) doing the other two.

The whole episode's on 4OD, so off you go, after you finish reading this, of course.



And this is probably one of the best songs in the entire soundtrack to the Scott Pilgrim game. Fantastic stuff. In fact, pretty much the whole thing is amazing, it fits in with the game so well. And no, I probably won't ever shut up about how amazing Scott Pilgrim is. I'm just so annoyed by the fact it's made something like $35million, when its budget was closer to $80million. Not cool.

Also, I wasn't really impressed by my last post, something about it felt a bit crap, which is why I've written this one so soon.

And in music news, last night saw The XX win the Mercury Prize. And I'm pissed off by it. That's twice in a row that a shite album has been picked. Speech Debelle won last year, what's she done since? And sure, the NME's been singing the xx's praises for months, but as you may well know, I don't care. Paul Weller, Mumford and Sons (my personal favourite), and Biffy Clyro were all equally deserving winners. Yet they lost to three arseholes in skinny jeans. I despair for the British industry, I really to. When Mumford and Sons lose to a walking Topman advert, you know something's not right. I'm not happy about this at all.

But to cheer myself up a bit, I'm buying Kick-Ass this afternoon! Yay!

Darren out, saying let me see, let me know, let me see the world...

Listening To: Doves - Andalucia / Mumford & Sons - The Cave / Metric - Monster Hospital

No comments:

Post a Comment