Thursday 26 November 2009

"And there was much rejoicing."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enSYlCEz5VI

Ah, Messrs. Chapman, Jones, Idle, Cleese, Gilliam and Palin, I salute you. Yes, I've just watched The Holy Grail for what seems like the 20th time, and it's just as funny, if not more so than when my Mum and Dad gave me the Python films boxset for my 16th birthday. Maybe it's because I'm older I understand the jokes a hell of a lot more (I remember the first time just laughing at "Ni!") and because I learned to respect what each member's done since The Meaning of Life:

Terry Gilliam: Directing the WONDERFUL Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas (It's influence extends to the top of this very page!)

John Cleese: Basil Fawlty. What else can I say?

Terry Jones: Made a number of documentaries and written a number of books (One of which he wrote entirely naked).

Michael Palin: Travel shows, books and also appeared on Home & Away. If that's not a career-defining role, I don't know what is.

Eric Idle: Wrote Spamalot, co-created The Rutles, and basically done a hell of a lot of voice acting.

Graham Chapman: Sadly no longer with us, he did appear in the video for Iron Maiden's "Can I Play With Madness" as a strict teacher. I like the irony in that.

So as you can all tell, I'm a Python fan! British comedy's often had its hits and misses, which I'll no doubt list at some point in the future, but I'll spare you that for the moment.

Think I might watch Pulp Fiction, since I found out yesterday that the co-writer's in prison for manslaughter...

Here's a new feature I'll be starting, well, now, I suppose!
Fun Fact: Did you know Life of Brian wouldn't have been made if George Harrison hadn't given £3 million to fund the film?

Aren't The Beatles fantastic?

Darren says look both ways when crossing the road...

----------------
Now playing: Thom Yorke - The Eraser
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment