Sunday 22 November 2009

Supergroups

I'm going to start this off by listing my favourite supergroups:

Cream
JOURNEY!!!
Traveling Wilburys
Temple of the Dog
A Perfect Circle
Audioslave
Velvet Revolver (my taste changes often enough I'll eventually like them again)
Monsters of Folk,

and finally, the newest my list, Them Crooked Vultures. Members from bands like Nirvana & Foo Fighters (Dave Grohl), Queens of the Stone Age & Eagles of Death Metal (Josh Homme) and Led fucking Zeppelin!! (John Paul Jones) released their album on Monday. And I have to say, it's utterly epic. There's not one track of filler, but the standout songs for me have to be Gunman, Spinning in Daffodils or Elephants. Truly brilliant album.

Also, Blur had a live CD in the Sunday Times today, bought it just for the CD, then binned the paper, being the RIGHT THING TO DO... Loved listening to it though, brought me right back to T in the Park, how wonderful are Tender and The Universal?

Well, that's me for however long it'll take to find something to praise/rant about.

Bye for now, DH.

No comments:

Post a Comment