Monday 26 July 2010

I Know A Place Where No Planes Go...



In America, this will show at 10pm in New York, meaning it will be on here at 3am. I will be watching it. Tired as hell, yes, it'll take at least a full can of Relentless to keep awake, therefore momentarily undoing all the work of my 10PP in the process, but I'll be watching. This is the extent to which I love Arcade Fire. In that I will temporarily halt my quest for fitness to watch this.

The album comes out on Monday, and I'm not even going to play it in the car, which I usually do. I'm absolutely loving the prospect of opening the CD and putting it into the record player (it has a CD bit, too. I should make that clear.) just so I can properly savour one of the best singles in living memory, from the best band of the last ten years. I'm even getting jitters just deciding what one of the eight covers I'm going to choose from. I really cannot wait for this album to come out. It's actually all I've been thinking about for the last hour and a half. Also, I'm entering every competition going to try and win tickets to the Leeds Festival, so I can see them. Also, LCD Soundsystem are on at the same time as GNR. Anyone who knows me at all would know who I'd rather see. Course, I'd still see Gogol Bordello, one of the world's weirdest, yet fantastic live bands, Biffy Clyro and Queens of the Stone Age.

I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, but like I said earlier, that's how much I love this band. Damn it, they'd better tour next year!

Also, I just found out Vampire Weekend, also very high in my list of all-time favourites, are playing in Edinburgh in November! I really want to go to this, although not by myself, obviously, so if anyone else is interested, (the tickets are not badly priced at £22.50, by the way) let me know!

Darren out, saying I have seen the same, and know the shame in your defeat...

----------------
Now playing: Mumford & Sons - The Cave
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment