Monday 7 December 2009

Arise, Mr Dylan!

Bob Dylan has done a very nice thing. Obviously this is old news, being that the album's been out for nearly 2 months, but for those that hadn't heard, Bob Dylan has released a Christmas album, with all of his royalties going to hunger and homelessness charities. I like that idea, because although the songwriting royalties won't be his, since all of the songs are covers, but the performing royalties will go straight to the good causes, and let's face it, it's Bob Dylan, so it's going to sell well!

As you can tell, along with The Godfather of Punk, IGGY POP, I've engrossed myself in the music of Robert Zimmerman once again. Tomorrow afternoon (not tonight, have an exam tomorrow morning I need to study for) I reckon I'll watch I'm Not There, the colossal mindfuck of a film directed by Todd Haynes, and I think it's possibly Heath Ledger's finest performance, because I didn't think very highly of Brokeback Mountain, and The Dark Knight, as awesome as it is, was overshadowed a bit by his death, so on the film alone, and controversy aside, this is his best appearance on film, in my opinion at least.

Well, must dash, really can't be bothered with this exam...

Darren says how many roads must a man walk down before you call him a man?

1 comment:

  1. i havent heard the christmas album yet!

    i had bob on in the car the other day and my mum tried to do an impression of him, reminded me of us in North Berwick! :D

    ReplyDelete