Tuesday 8 December 2009

Double Discount, and Kashyyyk & Dagobah's Finest

As of today, I've officially got all of my Christmas shopping done and dusted, and thanks to the double discount day at work, I got myself a little something as well: The original Star Wars trilogy boxset, basically the 3 films that matter (although Attack of the Clones is quite good), with Empire being my firm favourite, because it proves sequels can be better than originals (also see The Godfather, JUST) and it has the best twist ending I've seen outside of an M. Night Shyamalan film. After watching it again, and it'll most likely be on again closer to Christmas Day, which is another thing I love about the festive season, the amount of awesome films that are on just to fill up the schedule! Personally, either Chewbacca or Yoda are my favourite characters, because of the touch of comedy Chewie brings to the proceedings, and Yoda's voice and philosophy makes him interesting to watch. Overall, I love this film, and it certainly contributed towards my possibly unhealthy interest in films in general, not just science fiction as well.

Darren out, saying "no, there is another..."

1 comment:

  1. ...there's no mention of 101 Songs For a Dinner Party!!!! Catering (hah, pun) for all your Pre-Dinner, Starter, Main Course, Dessert and After-Dinner musical needs!

    and just an opinion...Return of the Jedi's my favourite original one... :)

    ReplyDelete