Saturday 19 December 2009

How To Disappear Completely (And Never Be Found Again)

Paul McCartney supports Rage Against The Machine's chart battle! :O Good man, please, for the love of Science, buy a copy of Killing In The Name!!!

With all the news about this UN climate change meeting in Copenhagen, and watching an awesome video of Thom Yorke getting into the conference after all of the pressure groups had been thrown out by using a press pass, it's got me thinking about the fact that there's no black and white evidence to support any specific course of action, that it appears to me politicians are just jumping on the eco-bandwagon to get some more votes, and that governments are just generally being dicks to each other. That's what I've taken from the last couple of weeks anyway, you decide what you will.

(Search "Radiohead's Thom Yorke Magically Appears at Climate Talks" on YouTube)

I like the fact that he's actually trying to make a difference, although, to be honest, I myself don't think much is going to come from these talks at all. I'm hardly the expert here, because reading a few issues of Rolling Stone and watching Channel 4 News really doesn't qualify me to be an environmental expert, although it's a sad day when Sarah Palin is seen as the voice of reason, even when she's blatantly talking utter balls...

I'm not "green," not at all, and I know that, but I suppose taking steps here and there to cut down on emissions and all that can't hurt, can it?

Aye, so after watching the video, and going from that to watching the entire set they played at Leeds this year, I'm listening to Radiohead again, Kid A in particular. I love the experimental sound of it, with the style they later near-perfected in Hail To The Thief.

Smashing Pumpkins are also making a resurgence, with Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness being the highlight of their career. They're also releasing "Teargarden By Kaleidyscope," a 44-track album, with each song being released for free, one at a time. Fair enough, but with Billy Corgan being the only original member left, it'll never be as good as the original line-up of Corgan, James Iha, D'Arcy Wretzky and Jimmy Chamberlin.

Off to work for me, after last night's night out, I surprisingly feel fine!

Darren out, saying then someone will say what is lost can never be saved...

----------------
Now playing: Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet With Butterfly Wings
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment