Monday 21 December 2009

Touched By The Freakbeating Phantom, I'm Holding On...


Well, what a night yesterday was! The last post was only a quick one, I didn't want to incur the wrath of Kirst by sitting typing for half an hour saying how awesome Rage are while I was at her house (watching her) wrapping Christmas presents (because I'm not very good at it)...

So yes, Rage Against The Machine are Christmas number one! What's surprised me though, is that Simon Cowell's offered the campaign founder a job! Not surprising really, as it's probably just Cowell's way of making himself appear more gracious in defeat after initally saying the campaign was "stupid," "cynical" and "very Scrooge."

Today's been a good day so far, what with waking up to see fresh snow all over the place, and staying in bed to watch Wayne's World and Rage's live DVD, yes, I've rather enjoyed today. I may also be going to see Avatar tonight, but I'm still not entirely sure what's happening on that one.

I finally had a listen to track 1 of 44 of Smashing Pumpkins' new album, and while it's no Zero, Bullet With Butterfly Wings, 1979, Cherub Rock or Untitled, it's not too bad for a band with almost none of their original members, even with Billy Corgan himself admitting splitting the Pumpkins up in 2000 was a "mistake."

So, permitting I don't get called into work, it's going to be a good day. I think I might write a bit more today, after re-doing my opening scene last night. It's all about keeping the flow!

Darren out, saying it's right outside your door, now testify!

----------------
Now playing: The Rascals - Freakbeat Phantom
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment