Thursday 3 December 2009

"So Close, No Matter How Far..."

Once again, I'm no longer going to a festival, since the early bird tickets for RockNess, also featuring THE STROKES as headliners, went off sale last night and I couldn't afford them, it's safe to say I'm a bit sad :( Although, with the announcement of a second date in Belfast, I'm getting more optimistic about Metallica returning to Scotland by the minute! I watched Cunning Stunts, Metallica's 1997 live DVD, and the recording of the gig in Glasgow I went to, and it reminded me of how good a live band they are. I also found a tribute album with Metallica songs reworked to sound like Christmas songs! I finally found a Christmas album I would actually buy! It's called "And Christmas For All," which I like, nice pun! Since the DVD was on the mid-90's tour, it had a lot of their less heavy stuff (See Load and ReLoad for more) so I assume it could appeal to more people. That annoys me though, when people complain that bands "sell out" and get less heavy. They can sound however the hell they like! If, and that's a BIG if, I were ever to be in a band, release albums, etc, every album would be completely different! This week it's been Metallica, Queens of the Stone Age, Led Zeppelin, etc I've been listening to, the week before it was LCD Soundsystem, Daft Punk and The Beatles! I can't ever make my mind up, so I don't think I'd ever get anything done...

I think I may have just lost the point I was writing about...

Oh yeah, live bands. Every group I've seen, with the exception of Music Go Music (LAME!) and Florence and the Machine, I've enjoyed (to an extent, at least,) every band I've seen live.

And here they are:

Glasvegas
White Lies
Friendly Fires
Machine Head
Metallica
The Enemy
Kasabian
Oasis
James Morrison
Maximo Park
Franz Ferdinand
Kings of Leon
Calvin Harris
Paolo Nutini
James
The Specials
Razorlight
The Killers
In Case of Fire
The Gaslight Anthem
Eagles of Death Metal
Elbow
Snow Patrol
Blur
Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
Franz Ferdinand (again)

Quite the list for someone who went to his first gig in January!

Anyway, I'm off, saying life is ours, we live it our way...

No comments:

Post a Comment