Friday 18 December 2009

Blogs For The Deaf

At least one good thing that's came from the Anti-Cowell campaign is that I'm listening to Rage Against The Machine again, which is no bad thing.

In other lovely news, having listened to it straight for three hours, I can't find a fault with QOTSA's second album, Songs For The Deaf. You'll already know I love it, it's in both my favourite albums of the decade and the all-time list. It's just amazing, with a mix of tracks all brought together in a loose concept album, about driving through the Mojave Desert in California down to LA, while tuning into different radio stations on the way.

I also found an epic-looking green vinyl edition of SFTD on eBay, I wish I had more money...

Last night I saw the trailer for Iron Man 2, and it's safe to say I'm very impressed. I loved the first, and anything with Robert Downey Jr., the coolest man on the planet in it is well worth a viewing. I actually think Don Cheadle might make a better Jim Rhodes than Terrence Howard, who for some reason was the highest-paid member of the cast! And as for the small glimpse of War Machine, well, let's say you can find me in the cinema on April 30th!



I mean, come on, how cool is that poster?

I also saw the trailer for The Runaways, the Joan Jett biopic starring Kristen Stewart. Anyone expecting a Twilight-like performance will be sorely disappointed.

Darren out, saying my propeller won't spin, and I can't get it started on my own...

----------------
Now playing: Queens Of The Stone Age - In The Fade
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

  1. i didnt even know the trailer for iron man 2 was out?!!!

    i need to keep up on my RDJr news, i love him :)

    ReplyDelete